Gettin Hekktik

Friday, May 06, 2005

Transperency, Sustainability, Accountability

Just starting out on these topics. I've read of few books (Paul Hawken Ecology of Commerce, Fritjof Capra, The Hidden Connections and Wendell Berry, A Continuous Harmony). What to do about this hectic life, I don't know? I want to do something about the only place I really know...Sunnyvale, Ca. It seems like it has been taken over by strip malls, expressways and SUV's. Does anyone in the US, California, the bay area realize what is going on??? Have we already lost our downtown? Have we lost everything organic? What about our fertile soil that provided some of the best orchards in the world? I just moved back to the bay area from Vancouver, Canada. I'm shocked to see the lack of anything unique in this place. It seems like suburbia has become a clean little make-believe world blind to the issues that are created in communities around the world. I could say so much more and I will...please comment on these things and continue the commentary. I'd like to get this off the ground...a thoughful and realistic approach to transperency, sustainability and accountability. How can we bring spirituality back into a community of character? Please comment on the Hekktik life before I can't take it any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home